Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Assignment 6: Like or dislike?

This assignment, what I have to do is to pick a poster (or something similar, whatever I please) I like, and dislike, and point out why.

Problem is, ugly posters are hard to find, and I don't think people will be pleased if I were to use posters hanging around in school. So I finally picked the following two:

This is the like,

Reasons for like:
+Continuity gives the poster the flow
+Figure and ground is clear-cut
+Colour contrast gives a grandeur feeling
+Centered skeleton grabs attention


And this is the dislike.

Reason for dislike:
-Choice of colours makes foreground blend into the background.
-Light rays and the wordings are not flowing in the same direction.
-Figure and ground is not clear. Colours blend together
-No clear focus, viewers will easily wander off the poster.
-Positioning of the elements have no similarity nor proximity.

No comments: