Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Assignment 1 draft

Right. We were given an assignment on NM2208 to draw my name using a theme based on something that I like, and then revert it to hate, which kind of boggles me since it is hard to find a reason to hate something you like. Anyhow, I drew up this:



The second one on the left was a no pass: It totally didn't meet the requirements of the assignment. The first one was, well, kind of plain. It didn't bring forth a lot of like. =/
And then was the hate part on the right. It was hard to imitate machine fonts, but I gave it a shot anyway. Both weren't obvious enough, as the second one was supposed to be cutouts from newspapers and then stuck there, but the rough sketch didn't make it obvious enough.

2 comments:

Alfred Low said...

Hi Ivan, I thought both artwork is fine, although I have problems trying to make up your name in the cockroach piece.

ivano said...

yeah, the elaborateness of the piece hid the name instead. Pity.. It's so colourful.. ><